Do’s ( As circulated by the Collectorate, Seoni )
- Please provide your travelling/arrival details to, employee available at your place of stay, for sharing information with District Administration and Police Administration official for your convenience during your stay. The officer will attend you properly in emergencies if the sought information is available with him in advance
- Ask your hotel or guesthouse to book a taxi or auto-rickshaw for transfers to bus and rail stations, especially after dark
- Use the pre-paid taxi counters at airports and pay up for smarter air-conditioned vehicles
- Make sure that the hotel room has a proper bolt on the inside of the door
- It is advisable to dress modestly as per Indian social milieu and climate
- In case of loss of documents, passport or valuables, contact nearest Police Station / State Government Tourist office and file a written complaint
- In case of need to overstay, one is advised to contact the nearest Foreigners’ Regional Registration Office
- It is advisable to shop at Government Emporia / Fixed Price Shops to ensure authenticity, quality and reasonable prices
- Keep valuables in hotel locker / safe deposit vaults and do get the receipt for the same
- For local sight-seeing or excursions, it is advised to contact the nearest State Government Tourist Office / Government approved Travel Agents and Tour Operators
- Select only Government approved tourist guide with a valid identity card
- In case of emergencies/troubles call on telephone/mobile number given below
Dont’s ( As circulated by the Collectorate, Seoni )
- Do not talk to strangers and not to rely on unknown people
- It is not advisable to stroll alone in desolate areas after dark
- Do not accept alcoholic drinks from strangers. Indian women rarely drink in public – even in hotel bars – so beware any man who invites you to do so
- Do not ever purchase air, rail or bus tickets through strangers or unauthorized travel agents or tour operators. Always use tourist assistance desk for proper advice
- Refrain from showing affection overtly either with animals, children, beggars etc. Don’t encourage beggars
Do’s and Dont’s in Pench National Park
- Drive at a slow speed inside the Park so that you can watch the scenic beauty of the park and the wildlife without causing any disturbance to the same.
- Drive only at the specified roads and trails inside the park. Going off trail may cause disturbance to animals who might be resting in the bushes.
- Respect the flora and fauna of the park. Maintain a safe distance from them. Always remember that you are in their home and give them the first priority.
- Keep seated in your vehicle at any point in the park as it is dangerous to get down. This for your own safety and the safety of wildlife.
- Do not get disappointed if you don’t see a tiger. There are many other interesting creatures that are to be seen and cherished.
- Since Pench Tiger Reserve is not a zoo, one cannot expect to see animals everywhere. The flora of the Reserve too, makes for a brilliant sight.
- Keep the park pollution free. Do not make noise or litter. Carry a garbage bag inside and kindly put your non-biodegradable litter (like plastic water bottles, polythene bags, wrappers, etc.) inside the garbage bag and dispose it off only when you’re out of the park.
- Kindly obtain the services of a Guide as they are trained in the art and skill of spotting wildlife and recognizing calls from animals. Additionally, they will ensure you don’t get lost inside the park.
- Do not smoke or light campfires in the forest. Accidental fires can destroy this wonderful jungle in no time.
- Do not cause any sort of disturbance to the co-visitors inside the park.
|Office Name||Telephone Numbers||Email Id|
|SDM Office Kurai||07692-246569, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Police Station Kuraiemail@example.com|
|Dy. Director Penchfirstname.lastname@example.org|